A brief explanation of the title, Sepiated Spirals - スト-カ-...


    We carry notebooks everywhere in our college lives, with often a different one for each class, so the simple act of writing down our thoughts at the turn of a fresh page is always available.

    Altogether, biology, English, math, come together into a myriad of experiences and ideas throughout the day.

    Old ideas combine with new, and we learn from our sepia-toned past.

    The background image is a sepia-tone shot of interlinked spiral notebooks - the eiptome of Sepiated Spirals.


Sunday, May 1, 2011

Summertime, and the livin' is easy.

This summer is different from the rest.
Last summer, I had a couch to sleep on. I still have a couch, but I can't take it this time around.

Also, my parents have taken over the free room with a weight set and treadmill, and they use it often, so if I wanted my own space in there, I'd have to share. Sorry, no.

So now I have options.


Sleep on an air mattress -- This is also something I couldn't handle. It's plastic. And air. A foot off the ground. It has no real support, and I hurt when I wake up. Plus it has no real air flow. After spending a week sleeping on it during spring break, there was a sweaty wet spot under the blankets I was laying on. That can't be a good thing.


Stay at my grandma's house -- It's a 6 bedroom house, and only three are occupied. They have beds. Beds. I actually think this is my best, temporary option. I could help my grandpa out with things around the yard, and mingle with my uncle and stuff. I could handle that. It's in a small town to the south, less than 10 minutes away, so it's not terribly out of the way.


Move north -- This is a big goal, but it relies on a lot of things to work well. My main deal this summer is to get a job and pay off that credit card I used for school. If I can find a decent job, that's just about a month of work.
But: I'm also signed up for the BLM camp crew this summer. That would be a huge chunk of  money in just two weeks that could pay off the credit card and give me a good $1000 cushion on top. A fire is unreliable, though. There's the problem with that. Also, I think they have a time limit from when they call you to when you're supposed to be completely ready to go. I'm not sure if it's an hour or if it's 4 hours. The longer, the better, of course. If it's long, I can still be north and be able to get back down here for that. I'll know after I go to one of the orientation meetings next week. I'm hoping...

As for places I would live, my aunt is one option. They live 15 minutes south of the main city in the area, and have a bedroom that I've stayed in a couple times before. I could snag a job, pay 'em a lodging fee, and, most importantly to me right now....

.....be closer to the friends I made at college. My main friends down here aren't here this summer. No offense to the ones that are, but you're all girls. Hah. I need some man friends to do manly things. I would just sit around here aallllll the time, and not do anything. In the city there are things to do, people to see and visit, and more jobs.

North is full of more opportunities. Down here...not so much. It's a great place, but I think I'm done with it.

Time will tell. Give it a week and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment