A brief explanation of the title, Sepiated Spirals - スト-カ-...


    We carry notebooks everywhere in our college lives, with often a different one for each class, so the simple act of writing down our thoughts at the turn of a fresh page is always available.

    Altogether, biology, English, math, come together into a myriad of experiences and ideas throughout the day.

    Old ideas combine with new, and we learn from our sepia-toned past.

    The background image is a sepia-tone shot of interlinked spiral notebooks - the eiptome of Sepiated Spirals.


Monday, April 25, 2011

A good song.

Some music isn't music. It just isn't good, in both senses of the word. It's bad music, and the stuff in it is bad.

A good song has emotion. It makes you happy. It makes you sad. It makes you wonder. It makes you feel.

A good song does not utterly bash on women, as most peoples' ideas of a "good song" very frequently does.
Rap, Hip Hop, or whatever you want to call it, is not good music.

A good song does not instill straight-out lust or describe acts that are linked to it in sultry ways.

Why do people listen to it, let alone enjoy listening to it?

It disappoints me immensely.


This is just one of many good songs.

2 comments:

  1. **I deleted my last one because it had a few mistakes**


    I wouldn't say "Rap, Hip Hop, or whatever you want to call it, is not good music."
    Because there are plenty of rap and hip hop artists out there that are passionate about what they sing.

    Examples of good hip hop/rap songs:
    "Magic" by B.o.B. feat. Rivers Cuomo.
    "Crazy" by Gnarles Barkley.
    "Airplanes" by B.o.B. feat. Hayley Williams.

    I don't think these bash or demoralize good things. They have emotion. Most hip hop/rap songs do have emotion, they just express it in a different way than you care for. That doesn't mean that all hip hop/rap music is bad.

    Besides, not everyone has to like everything. I personally prefer odd stuff like Architecture in Helsinki, but that's just me. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Removed forever. :)

    And thanks. I realize that not everything in that genre has that quality. I took the few I heard at the time to write this.
    It's a biased, one-sided rant, but it satisfied the point I wanted to make, at least to myself. :P

    ReplyDelete