A brief explanation of the title, Sepiated Spirals - スト-カ-...


    We carry notebooks everywhere in our college lives, with often a different one for each class, so the simple act of writing down our thoughts at the turn of a fresh page is always available.

    Altogether, biology, English, math, come together into a myriad of experiences and ideas throughout the day.

    Old ideas combine with new, and we learn from our sepia-toned past.

    The background image is a sepia-tone shot of interlinked spiral notebooks - the eiptome of Sepiated Spirals.


Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's been a pretty good day

As today's title says, my day was quite enjoyable...

I started off waking up around 7:30 (but only actually getting out of bed at 9:00) to go to my first practice of Once Upon a Mattress, yet another musical/play thing! It's pretty cool; I am Sir Studley....Now, inform me of who DOESN'T like a name like that!!! :þ
Afterward, Cherisa gave me a ride home. We figured out how to put a big bike in her trunk, and I showed her that her back seats fold down to get to the trunk, hehe. Good times in keeping a trunk door (would it be called a door?) from flying open using only a metal coat hanger....Gotta love those MacGyver moments.

At around 12:00, Cherisa came back to give me a ride to Macbeth practice at Street's house. I have to say, that's the first time I've been down 4th West at 40 mph. It was honestly fun, albeit risky. The Pirate (or so Nicole calls him) is great. He's a student director staying with the Streets (I think), and he's helping with Macbeth. Today Mrs Street wasn't there, so Christian (his real name, I do believe) took over. We started off with an improv game where each of our names had an action/emotion, and had to set it up in a sequence. First we did Cherisa's, which was lying on the ground in a kind of girly pose. Then Cachae's (I probably murdered spelling her name..) which was jumping up into the air excitedly. Becky's was a kind of crazy, wobbly arm movement where we touched each other's shoulder in turn like a wave. Then Jordan's, which was a kind of...um...'suggestive' pose. Jordan and I took a step back from the three girls and did it at them, and they did it back at us. It was funny! Finally, mine was a low, elegant bow.
After that, we stretched out a bit, then played another game where we had to stare at something outside of a circle formation we were put into, but still focus on everyone there while we counted down from 10 to 1, with random people saying the numbers in turn. If two people said the same number at the same time, we had to start back at 10. After a while (and a fair number of failures) we got it, then went inside to eat watermelon before going to the Lion's Park to do some more stuff.
Once there, we tried an "emotional symphony" game, where a conductor conducts people who are portraying different emotions, like humor, sadness, fear, anger, etc. Fear might scream, and Humor would laugh. Very fun.
The last improv game we tried was kind of like the ones you see on Whose Line is it Anyway? all the time. Earlier we had written 3 quotes on slips of paper, and we stockpiled them all into a bowl thingy. We were then split into couples, given a setting and a topic, then let loose. We improvised a story, and every now and then pulled one of the quotes out to read. It was awesome when the quotes worked out and fit in with what was going on! Definitely funny! Jordan and I were at a playground and were supposed to throw in electricity for the theme....I forgot about the electricity, and kind of dropped the ball when Jordan said something about Benjamin Franklin, but overall it worked out fine.
Finally, we read through Act II in Macbeth. It's pretty intense, and even more so whenever Christian stops us to explain or ask questions about it. This is pretty much the second time I've read through it before, so that's a plus, too (knowing the story and what's going on, namely).

I went home, then went to Spencer's to play Brawl for a bit. We ultimately got bored, and went to Gamestop/Walmart to get stuff, like clothespins.....Hahaha, in due time I'll post a blog saying what I'll do with those clothespins...It's great! Then, considering I didn't have a car, Spencer drove me to the Sevier County Fair to turn in a rose I made out of paper. Hopefully I can win in the origami division - it'll be cool if I do. I'll post a picture of the rose when I get it back. In the end, though, I do have to give it back to the person I made it for originally.

I hung around home, reading, until Brigadoon started. Nothing really special happened at Brig, but I did have some fun conversations with a few people there. I was reminded of a crappy time where I got caught on the school's roof, though....I'll tell that story sometime later, too. We were there until 11:30. Hectic, it was. I hope we don't work on it that late again....

Anyway, there's my day for ya. It seems I've set up at least two more blogs for the future:
  1. What I'm planning with 100 clothespins
  2. My truly scary roof story
It's late, so I'm going to bed. Show enough feedback (So....Leave a comment!!) and I'll consider typing up those two future topics sooner than later. Have a great time doing whatever you may be doing this week!

--Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment