A brief explanation of the title, Sepiated Spirals - スト-カ-...


    We carry notebooks everywhere in our college lives, with often a different one for each class, so the simple act of writing down our thoughts at the turn of a fresh page is always available.

    Altogether, biology, English, math, come together into a myriad of experiences and ideas throughout the day.

    Old ideas combine with new, and we learn from our sepia-toned past.

    The background image is a sepia-tone shot of interlinked spiral notebooks - the eiptome of Sepiated Spirals.


Saturday, August 9, 2008

What the...? Crap!! I wrote a novel blog entry again..!

Ok! So now I have some time to at least post the date I went on yesterday (8-8-08).

Last Saturday, Cherisa asked me if I wanted to go on a date with her. Of course I said yes -- I needed to do something interesting, anyway.
Friday came along, and Cherisa and Nicole pulled up to my house to pick me up, with Veggie Rocks music blaring in Cherisa's car. I hopped in, and we cruised up to Jordan's to retrieve him. Let me just say now that Cherisa drives FAST!! We went down the back roads going 45+!! It...was....fun....!
If I weren't so paranoid of getting pulled over, I would speed all the time.
So we got to Nicole's house just in time to finish the same song we started at Jordan's all the way across town, then piled out to do....something. I didn't know what the two girls had planned, and neither did Jordan. It turned out that we were going to make bagel pizzas and have cupcakes for dessert. The one problem at the time was that Nicole's mom wasn't home with the pizza stuff, so we ate the cupcakes instead. All the while, Cherisa was telling Jordan, "You're so going to heart me for these!". He bit into one with pleasure, and I smelled my cupcake and knew...They had Reese's baked into them. I'm not one to offend anyone, especially if they made good food for me, so I tested my will and downed a cupcake. It wasn't terrible, but I got my peanut butter fix for the next year or two. On a positive note, I didn't die or anything, so I'm at least not allergic! Hehe
We (or should I say Jordan) ate the cupcakes and deliberated what to do next. Cherisa had brought that we decided to watch later on, so we ultimately chose to go to Cherisa's to look at her home's remodeling and look for cardboard boxes to cut and tape into cool stuff. However....there weren't any boxes there we could use, so we took a drive to Home Depot then ACE, but discovered they crushed their boxes and didn't have any available. Luckily, Sears did have a couple small boxes and a huge refrigerator box in the back that we asked to take. We shoved em into Cherisa's amazing car and I drove us back to Nicole's. I guess Cherisa didn't want to intertwine getting pulled over for speeding with the fact two people were in the back seat sitting on folded cardboard without seat belts. I must say, that car just has a vibe that says, "SPEED!!!" I wanted to speed....it was coolly weird. Back at Nicole's, we ate pizza bagels and watched the movie, Prince Caspian, and had to head out just before 4:00 because Jordan had to sing at the Fair. While we were waiting, Joe-D popped up and asked if Cherisa had a keyboard (the piano kind, just to clarify). So, Cherisa, JD, and I hopped into the car and Cherisa drove us to her house within 3 minutes. It was insane! We went 60mph up a road, and on the same road on the way back went 65!! I told Cherisa just before we arrived at the fair grounds, "I've never felt like I was about to die more times than today, but I don't care because this is AWESOME!!" Speed = Fun, but also equals impending doom....heh
Back at the Fair, Jordan sang and did well enough to sing again today, so here's hoping for him to win! It also turns out my rose got a blue ribbon, though it's not a big surprise because I had the only thing in that division.....Oh well, there's $3 in it for me. Captain Shiverdecker (he's the student director helping Mrs Street with Macbeth stuff) was there judging the singers, so we had a bit 'o fun with him. We just waved all strange-ly to him and he said "Hello, students." and went on with his addressing-of-the-winners. Afterward, we
headed back to Nicole's to finish Caspian, and went outside to make rockets to Mars out of the boxes! We made two over time (and time I don't have right now to explain what they looked like; Brigadoon practice looms..) and we blasted off in the driveway. I wanted to make a space laser gun from a thick chunk of cardboard, so I sawed through it into the right shape and attempted to sheath the steak knife I was using into a scrap of cardboard. It slipped through and stabbed me, so to speak. It just looked like I had freshly popped a blister, with a small blood slash at the bottom. I was really fortunate. The blade wasn't sharp at the tip, otherwise it would have been much deeper and serious.
In all that fun, we realized Brigadoon was coming for Jordan, Nicole, and I, so we headed over to the practice site and ended up concluding the date there. Cherisa stayed a while, but I was kind of in acting-mode, so didn't have the chance to talk to her much. I kinda regret that...I could have taken a bit of time, but....oh well.

It was really fun, and I thank all three of em for it. Even though I was a year older than the three of them, I didn't feel it that day. It was too cool to hang out with em and be weird.
Again, though, Brigadoon practice calls to me, so I'm going to go suffer through another four hours to add to the five we already practiced this morning....(haha, kidding, I like it)

EVERYONE COME TO Brigadoon NEXT WEEKEND!!!!!
You won't regret it when you see how well we do!!

I'm off -- Have a great weekend everyone. Really :)
--Justin

3 comments:

  1. You suck.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for the record, for all who know me and read this blog. That "You suck, Love Mom" was not me!
    That sounds like an awesome date Stoker, nice and simple. From the description it sounded like getting there was half the fun! Have a good day man.

    ReplyDelete