A brief explanation of the title, Sepiated Spirals - スト-カ-...


    We carry notebooks everywhere in our college lives, with often a different one for each class, so the simple act of writing down our thoughts at the turn of a fresh page is always available.

    Altogether, biology, English, math, come together into a myriad of experiences and ideas throughout the day.

    Old ideas combine with new, and we learn from our sepia-toned past.

    The background image is a sepia-tone shot of interlinked spiral notebooks - the eiptome of Sepiated Spirals.


Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mine guitar is brutal!

[[Well, it isn't technically my guitar, but hopefully I can buy it from who I'm borrowing it from.]]

I often take my geetar to school, in case I hunger to play it, then when I get home, I bring it inside to play it here, too. This means that every morning I pick it up and huck it into my truck for the day.
This morning I propped it up against the counter while I grabbed some lunch money. It was kind of unstable, so I thought, "It's going to fall if I put it there, so I should prolly move it." Therein was my demise....(well, not really, my demise was making the strings too long to begin with, but still -- go with the drama!) A 1.5 centimeter long string was sticking out from the top, and my thumb was impaled as I went to lift the guitar up. It was quick, and I pulled it out almost right away, but in that moment I was "stuck as one with the guitar", I had time to try pulling it in a couple directions before I yanked it straight down and out. I can remember feeling the pressure as the end of the string fished around within my thumb's flesh...strange, eh? Makes me shudder... It didn't bleed at all at first, then a tiny trickle came; about as much as you'd get with a papercut.
Troughout the day it's gotten purple and I can see how far it went in. To think, though, if it had been just a little bit longer, I'd have pierced all the way through my thumb, hahaha!

It's gruesome to think about, but overall it was a strangely cool thing to have happen. It definitely woke me up.

Just wanted to share lol

--J.L.Stoker

2 comments:

  1. I wish you'd leave more posts, Stoker. Then I could read them!
    ~rapunzel152

    ReplyDelete